High complexity of the facilities and high standards of components
- Caverion was the technical general contractor for the entire infrastructural building services. These comprised of heating and cooling, sanitation, sprinklers, ventilation and air-conditioning technology, the electrics and building automation.
- For reasons of energy efficiency, geothermal energy is used, and there is also a high rate of heat recovery thanks to combined heat supply. The lavatories and urinals operate with rainwater.
- Caverion planned the escape routes and installed the smoke ventilation system and the sprinklers in the public areas.
- Contract value approx. 63 million euros.
Facts about the building
- Thurn und Taxis Palais: Gross floor area of 11,000 square meters, 4 floors
- NEXTOWER office block: Gross floor area of 48,000 square meters, 34 floors, 135 meters tall
- Hotel Jumeirah: Gross floor area of 22,000 square meters, 25 floors, 96 meters tall
- MyZeil shopping center: Gross floor area of 77,000 square meters, 8 floors
- More information Palais Quartier
Facts about Caverion's solutions
- 13,000 sprinkler heads
- 400,000 cubic metres per hour max. air volume of the ventilation systems
- 4,700 kW total thermal output
- 7,800 kW total refrigeration capacity
- 7 heat reservoirs with 372,000 liters of water